Is mesenteric lymphadenitis life threatening?

Most cases of mesenteric lymphadenitis are neither serious or life threatening. However, mesenteric lymphadenitis may become life threatening if the swollen lymph nodes are caused by a serious bacterial infection that goes untreated. This infection can spread into the blood stream, causing sepsis, a possibly life-threatening condition.

Continue Learning about Mesenteric Lymphadenitis

Should I talk to my doctor about my mesenteric lymphadenitis symptoms?
Talk to your doctor if you think you have the symptoms of mesenteric lymphadenitis. Although mesente...
What are the treatment options for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
There is not much treatment for a normal case of mesenteric lymphadenitis, especially the viral case...
Can mesenteric lymphadenitis be prevented?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis usually starts from an infection in the body. Sometimes it is impossible to...
How does mesenteric lymphadenitis affect the body?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis can affect the body in several ways. The inflamed lymph nodes of mesent...