How is mesenteric lymphadenitis diagnosed?

Depending on your doctor, mesenteric lymphadenitis may be diagnosed through a number of different ways. Generally someone suspected to have mesenteric lymphadenitis would be asked their medical history and a couple of questions on their personal situation. Mesenteric lymphadenitis is usually diagnosed through symptoms alone, but your doctor may decide to do further testing through blood tests. A computerized tomography (CT) scan of the abdominal region may be useful if there is some doubt as to the cause of the symptoms. Another helpful way to diagnose mesenteric lymphadenitis is by testing a tissue sample through a culture.

Continue Learning about Mesenteric Lymphadenitis

How do other illnesses affect mesenteric lymphadenitis?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis can be related to other illnesses the body has contracted. An untreated...
How does mesenteric lymphadenitis affect the body?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis can affect the body in several ways. The inflamed lymph nodes of mesent...
How do I manage my mesenteric lymphadenitis on a daily basis?
Mesenteric lymphadenitis only lasts for a few days or weeks before it clears on its own. During the ...
What increases my risk for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
The people who are most at risk to contract a case of mesenteric lymphadenitis are children. Since t...