How does mesenteric lymphadenitis affect the body?

Mesenteric lymphadenitis can affect the body in several ways. The inflamed lymph nodes of mesenteric lymphadenitis may cause the body to generate a fever. The skin overlying the general area of infection may appear red and feel warm. The inflammation can also cause tenderness and pain to the surrounding abdominal region. The infection that causes the nodes to swell can also cause nausea and vomiting, but generally the effects are never too serious.

Continue Learning about Mesenteric Lymphadenitis

What increases my risk for mesenteric lymphadenitis?
The people who are most at risk to contract a case of mesenteric lymphadenitis are children. Since t...
How do medications treat mesenteric lymphadenitis?
Since there is no specific treatment for mesenteric lymphadenitis, the only medication that woul...
What causes mesenteric lymphadenitis?
Any case of lymphadenitis generally results from an infection in the body. Inflammation of the lymph...
Should I talk to my doctor about my mesenteric lymphadenitis symptoms?
Talk to your doctor if you think you have the symptoms of mesenteric lymphadenitis. Although mesente...