What causes large cell undifferentiated carcinoma?

Large cell undifferentiated carcinoma is caused by the out-of-control growth of certain types of large cells in the tissue of the lungs. The cancer cells make the body grow blood vessels, which supply nutrient-rich blood. Fed by the blood supply, the cancer cells aggregate, growing to form tumors that can be viewed in x-ray exams of the chest. The tumors can eventually spread to other parts of the body, lessoning the chance for recovery. Smoking is the most common reason this type of cancer occurs.

Continue Learning about Mercury Poisoning

How do other illnesses affect mercury poisoning?
Mercury poisoning affects the major systems of the human body, especially the nervous system, kidney...
Should I talk to my doctor about mercury poisoning symptoms?
You should absolutely talk to your doctor immediately if you have any symptoms of mercury poisoning....
Which fish have high mercury levels?
Joel H. Fuhrman, MDJoel H. Fuhrman, MD
Avoid eating swordfish, mackerel, tilefish, and shark. They contain the highest mercury levels. ...
How is mercury poisoning diagnosed?
It is possible to test samples of blood, urine, and hair to determine how much mercury people may ha...