Should I talk to my doctor about mercury poisoning symptoms?

You should absolutely talk to your doctor immediately if you have any symptoms of mercury poisoning. Women who are pregnant or intend to become pregnant or who are nursing a baby should see a doctor as soon as possible. You should take children to a doctor immediately if they have any symptoms of mercury poisoning. It might be a good idea to also make an appointment with a doctor or healthcare facility with special expertise in assessing exposure to hazardous materials.

Continue Learning about Mercury Poisoning

What causes mercury poisoning?
Mercury poisoning is caused by over-exposure to high levels of mercury. Ingesting food (like some ty...
What is being done about preventing mercury poisoning?
The federal government sets acceptable mercury levels for water, fish and shellfish, grain, the plac...
How do other illnesses affect mercury poisoning?
Mercury poisoning affects the major systems of the human body, especially the nervous system, kidney...
How is mercury poisoning diagnosed?
It is possible to test samples of blood, urine, and hair to determine how much mercury people may ha...