How do other illnesses affect mercury poisoning?

Mercury poisoning affects the major systems of the human body, especially the nervous system, kidneys, and lungs. Therefore, mercury poisoning may be particularly dangerous for people who are already ill or have certain chronic conditions. For example, people with compromised immune systems, impaired kidney function, or sensitivity to heavy metals, such as mercury and lead, may have stronger reactions to mercury poisoning than people without those problems.

Continue Learning about Mercury Poisoning

Should I talk to my doctor about mercury poisoning symptoms?
You should absolutely talk to your doctor immediately if you have any symptoms of mercury poisoning....
How common is mercury poisoning?
One study estimated that 300,000 infants are born at risk every year in the United States because of...
Are there alternative treatments for mercury poisoning?
Scientific data does not seem to support the use of alternative treatments for mercury poisoning. De...
How can exposure to mercury affect my health?
Environmental Working Group (EWG)Environmental Working Group (EWG)
Caution: That sushi you are eating could be hazardous to your health. Mercury, a naturally occurring...