Why are combined treatments best for mood disorder?

Research has proven definitively that mood disorders improve when individuals utilize more than one treatment. Those who only pursue talk therapy sometimes cannot get into a clear enough frame of mind to benefit from it. Those using only medication ignore life issues that they cannot manage alone, thereby adding to their stress and dysfunction. The effects of talk therapy and medication are buoyed by emotional and educational reinforcement offered by support groups. Finally, a body has its best chances of performing optimally when healthy. Boost your medication's effectiveness by eating well and exercising.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Art Therapy: Painting a Happier Life
Art Therapy: Painting a Happier Life
In one memorable episode of Mr. Bean, Bean (Rowan Atkinson) attends an adult education day at a local school. When it’s time for art class, he sits do...
Why is it important to trust my intuition when it comes to my health?
Kelly Turner, PhDKelly Turner, PhD
It's key to trust your intuition when it comes to your health, since it's a reactive, physical part ...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
What Is the Self and How Does It Affect the Way We Live?