Who should have copies of my mental health crisis plan?

John Preston, PsyD
It's best to keep information about your mental health crisis plan in a folder in a central location known to more than one member of your support system, and also have your healthcare provider keep a copy. Consider also providing copies to one or two people with whom you have a close relationship and can trust to implement your requests. Lastly, in your wallet it's wise to keep emergency contact information that includes your health insurance number, the contact information of at least three people to be notified in case of emergency, and the contact information for your healthcare providers.
Bipolar 101: A Practical Guide to Identifying Triggers, Managing Medications, Coping with Symptoms, and More

After receiving a bipolar diagnosis, you need clear answers. Bipolar 101 is a straightforward guide to understanding bipolar disorder. It includes all the information you need to control your...

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Conditions That May Accompany ADHD
Conditions That May Accompany ADHD
Children, teens, and even adults with ADHD commonly develop one or more overlapping conditions, including anxiety and depression, sleep and personalit...
How can peer support help me if I have mental illness?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
The term 'peer support' is used in the mental health sector to describe a wide range of programs, bu...
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
Loneliness and isolation can have serious health effects—but being proactive goes a long way.
What Scientific Breakthroughs Can We Expect to Hear About?