Who is affected by conduct disorders?

Approximately 1 to 4 percent of children ages nine to 17 years old have conduct disorders. The disorder is more common in boys than in girls. Children and adolescents with conduct disorders often have other psychiatric problems as well that may be a contributing factor to the development of the conduct disorder. The prevalence of conduct disorders has increased over recent decades. Aggressive behavior is the reason for one-third to one-half of the referrals made to child and adolescent Mental Health Disorders services.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

How to Find a Veterans Community at Home
For many United States servicemen and women, transitioning from active duty to civilian life isn't easy. Some Veterans may feel lost or isolated, or l...
How can I improve my mental health?
Good mental health is not just the absence of mental health problems or diseases, and strategies to ...
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
Loneliness and isolation can have serious health effects—but being proactive goes a long way.
Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz -- What advice do you have for those looking to tap into their own intuition?