What is radical acceptance?

Sheri Van Dijk
Psychiatry
Radical acceptance is about accepting something with your body, mind, and soul -- accepting it completely rather than halfheartedly. Accepting it with all of yourself, rather than just with your mind. This is why it's radical -- because you're doing it with your entire being.
The Dialectical Behavior Therapy Skills Workbook for Bipolar Disorder: Using DBT to Regain Control of Your Emotions and Your Life (New Harbinger Self-Help Workbook)

Even if you've just been diagnosed with bipolar disorder, it's likely that you've been living with it for a long time. You've probably already developed your own ways of coping with recurring...

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Sometimes Crying Is Healthy
Sometimes Crying Is Healthy
In the 2008 film Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Peter Bretter (Jason Segel) takes a Hawaiian vacation to get over his recent breakup. But his ex and her n...
How can I raise awareness about mental health issues in my community?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Motivated people can start an initiative, momentum may gather, and perhaps at some point a "champion...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
What Can I Do to Stop Picking My Scabs?
What Can I Do to Stop Picking My Scabs?