What is adjustment disorder?

Adjustment disorder is a condition in which a person responds to a stressful event (such as an illness, job loss, or divorce) with extreme emotions and actions that cause problems at work and home. Some of the symptoms incude: Low mood, sadness, worry, anxiety, insomnia and/or poor concentration.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Reach Out and Touch Someone: It’s Good For You
The school of hard knocks can make us tough on the outside but more fragile on the inside. We convince ourselves that a tough exterior will protect us...
How can I improve my mental health?
Good mental health is not just the absence of mental health problems or diseases, and strategies to ...
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
Loneliness and isolation can have serious health effects—but being proactive goes a long way.
How Can I Plan for the Future Without Worrying?