What is cognitive behavioral therapy for schizophrenia?

If you have schizophrenia, one type of psychotherapy you may be able to access is called Cognitive Behavioural Therapy, or CBT. In CBT, the therapist will try to make links between how you feel and how you think, to help you develop healthier thinking patterns. CBT has been shown to lead to long-term and continued improvement for some patients.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Avoid Loneliness and Cultivate Personal Relationships
In Alan Sillitoe’s 1962 classic British film, The Loneliness of the Long Distance Runner, a reform school student (Tom Courtenay) makes a name for him...
What are examples of self-destructive behavior?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
The following are examples of self-destructive behavior: Drinking alcohol Overeating Cutting yours...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
What Can I Do to Cope with Toxic Worrying?