At what age does serious mental illness usually start?

Studies in Australia show that more than 75% of people who develop a serious mental illness have their first episode before the age of 25, with the highest prevalence being the 18-24 year age group. Such disorders can have a profound effect on the lives of young adults. It is important to highlight the importance of proper diagnosis and treatment -- and the sooner, the better.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

5 Things Your Therapist Wants You to Stop Doing ASAP
“There’s a big misconception that you have to be in severe anguish or your life has to be disarray in order to go to therapy,” says Peter Thomas, PhD,...
How can I learn to achieve full awareness of my mind?
Master Stephen CoMaster Stephen Co
In the West, we tend to relate awareness to one of the five senses. But the awareness you need to de...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
What Can I Do to Stop Picking My Scabs?
What Can I Do to Stop Picking My Scabs?