What are the treatment options for muscle dysmorphia?

Treatment for muscle dysmorphia is usually conducted by a psychiatrist, psychologist, counselor, or health specialist who can help you learn to think more positively about yourself and take control of your health. They may conduct cognitive-behavioral therapy (CBT) that will help train you to engage in healthy habits and avoid destructive behavior. Sometimes a psychiatric medication may also be prescribed.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Chrissy Teigen Shares Powerful Essay About Her Postpartum Depression
Chrissy Teigen, model, best-selling author and host of the Emmy-nominated show Lip Sync Battle has revealed a part of her life that she’s kept private...
How can I learn to trust my intuition?
Jan CampbellJan Campbell
A good way to gauge whether you want to choose choice A or choice B is to listen to what your in...
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
Loneliness and isolation can have serious health effects—but being proactive goes a long way.
How Can Energy Management Help Stress and Performance?