How does practicing small acts of kindness improve my mental health?

By practicing small acts of kindness, you will perceive yourself and others more positively. You'll also appreciate your good fortune in comparison. Pick one day a week and carry out three small acts of kindness. Research suggests that this provides a longer-lasting boost to the giver than practicing random acts of kindness spread out over the week.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Big or Little, Your Giving Gives Back
Big or Little, Your Giving Gives Back
Know what will happen if you drop a dollar in that holiday donation bucket? The reward centers of your brain will probably light up. In fact, they ar...
How can mindfulness help me deal with a psychosomatic illness?
Gina M. BiegelGina M. Biegel
A psychosomatic illness affects the body but originates in the mind. In this video, psychotherap...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
Dr. Mona Lisa Schulz -- What advice do you have for those looking to tap into their own intuition?