How can in-person support groups help me cope with mental illness?

Ellen Frudakis
Health Education
Whether the in-person support group is led by a therapist or is a peer-support model, either can be good for you in multiple ways. First, they get you out of the house and around others. Second, they give you a chance to get support and understanding for what you are going through from people who know about it firsthand. Generally, you are not required to share, especially if it's your first time. So, just sit back, listen, and learn what it is all about.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

How to Build Confidence and Silence Your Inner Bully
It can be hard to recognize just how much negative self-talk dominates your thoughts. That little voice that always predicts the worst, belittles you ...
How can I prevent a relative with mental illness from being bullied?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Few are more susceptible to rejection, teasing, bullying and cruelty than those with serious mental ...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
What Are Preventable Health Outcomes?
What Are Preventable Health Outcomes?