How can in-person support groups help me cope with mental illness?

Ellen Frudakis
Health Education
Whether the in-person support group is led by a therapist or is a peer-support model, either can be good for you in multiple ways. First, they get you out of the house and around others. Second, they give you a chance to get support and understanding for what you are going through from people who know about it firsthand. Generally, you are not required to share, especially if it's your first time. So, just sit back, listen, and learn what it is all about.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

How Optimism Can Help You Live Longer
How Optimism Can Help You Live Longer
Having an optimistic outlook does more than just help the mind; it can help your physical health, too. In a 2004 study of 1,000 men and women aged 65 ...
How could my spouse's mental illness affect our marriage?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Marriage can be difficult for a person with mental illness, especially if the spouse has no understa...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
How Can Energy Management Help Stress and Performance?