How can a long-term physical illness affect my child's mental health?

Children with a long-lasting physical illness are twice as likely to suffer from emotional problems or disturbed behavior. This is especially true of physical illnesses that involve the brain, such as epilepsy and cerebral palsy.

Children who are ill have many more stressful experiences than children without an illness. Most children will, at some time, get upset by this. Sometimes, the upset feelings and behavior can go on and on. If they do, this can add to the child's health problems by making their life even more difficult.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

3 Myths About the Midlife Crisis
3 Myths About the Midlife Crisis
We’ve all heard of the cliche: the middle-aged man with the new sports car and the girlfriend half his age. Classic sign of a midlife crisis, right? N...
How can I learn to trust my intuition?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Trusting your intuition is the same as trusting yourself, meaning listening to that tiny, inner voic...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
How Can Worrying About the Past and Future Affect the Present?