How could my spouse's mental illness affect our marriage?

Marriage can be difficult for a person with mental illness, especially if the spouse has no understanding of the condition. For many people, even with understanding, living with someone who has serious mental illness (SMI) is difficult and stressful. For many, living with a spouse who is mentally ill becomes too much for their own mental health and in many cases separation occurs which may put the unwell person in an unstable and "at risk" position.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Why You Should Take a Facebook Break
Why You Should Take a Facebook Break
In the movie The Social Network, a fictional depiction of the founding of Facebook, tech entrepreneur Sean Parker, played by Justin Timberlake, remark...
How can I help a person with mental illness who feels like a burden?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
People with serious mental illness (SMI) may believe that they are a burden to their families throug...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
What Are Some Advantages of Mindfulness?