How can I find a job if I have a serious mental illness?

Society defines people by their occupation. "What do you do?" is a very common question when you meet a person for the first time. Many people with serious mental illness (SMI) want a job just as everyone does, but finding one can be difficult. What's more, because people with SMI usually need a bit of extra guidance when they take a job it is sometimes difficult for them to stay employed. Though many people do not divulge their SMI to their employer, some employers are more understanding if they know about it, and may be prepared to make adjustments to the job to make it easier to keep. The job you did before you became unwell may not be the job for you at this time. Taking a high stress position may result in failure.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Sometimes Crying Is Healthy
Sometimes Crying Is Healthy
In the 2008 film Forgetting Sarah Marshall, Peter Bretter (Jason Segel) takes a Hawaiian vacation to get over his recent breakup. But his ex and her n...
How can a long-term physical illness affect my child's mental health?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
Children with a long-lasting physical illness are twice as likely to suffer from emotional probl...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
Can Mindfulness Help Me Make Better Decisions?