How do I deal with change?

Lisa Oz
Health Education

Once you start to make a change in one area, that change can be effortlessly applied to everything else. I know it doesn't seem to make sense. How could keeping your bedroom neat have anything to do with sticking to your diet? But it's like building muscle. When you lift a 35 lb. weight over and over again, you'll find it a lot easier to lift a chair. Your newly bulging muscles aren't good just for dumbbells. So, when you actively change behavior in any part of your life, that same change muscle can be used for other things. For example, if you make healthy eating choices, your writing is much easier. When you wallow through the pantry unchecked, you find it more likely to procrastinate, dawdle, or daydream when it is time to work.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Redefining Addiction as a Disorder
Redefining Addiction as a Disorder
What do Rob Lowe, Nicole Richie and Demi Lovato have in common? They each have struggled with addiction(s) and are now in long-term recovery—providing...
What are psychiatric service dogs?
Deborah Serani, PsyDDeborah Serani, PsyD
Psychiatric service dogs are amazing helpers and companions for children and adults with mental ...
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
Loneliness and isolation can have serious health effects—but being proactive goes a long way.
How Can I Use Positive Thought to Get What I Want?