How can I avoid being distracted by my digital devices?

It is recommended that we all take holidays from our electronic devices. Many people have trouble setting down their device for any period of time.

Ideas for decreasing your distraction are:
  • Turn off your phone when you are at meals or out to restaurants.
  • Turn off your phone when engaged in quality time with family or friends so that you can focus on the present company and activity.
  • Put your phone away at social events so you will be more likely to socialize and enjoy the company of others.
Digital devices make our lives easier in many ways, but they can be very distracting. In this video, neuropsychologist Sanam Hafeez, PsyD, shares tips for limiting the time you spend using your devices, and how to make the most of that screen time. 

Continue Learning about Mental Health

How Loneliness Hurts Your Health
How Loneliness Hurts Your Health
Some people just need their alone time, but even the most introverted may eventually suffer health complications. "Humans are highly social mammals,” ...
Does the mind affect the body?
The human brain is good for more than solving math problems and getting you from point A to point B....
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
How Has the Science of Understanding Mental Health Changed?