How can I avoid being distracted by my digital devices?

Digital devices make our lives easier in many ways, but they can be very distracting. In this video, neuropsychologist Sanam Hafeez, PsyD, shares tips for limiting the time you spend using your devices, and how to make the most of that screen time. 
It is recommended that we all take holidays from our electronic devices. Many people have trouble setting down their device for any period of time.

Ideas for decreasing your distraction are:
  • Turn off your phone when you are at meals or out to restaurants.
  • Turn off your phone when engaged in quality time with family or friends so that you can focus on the present company and activity.
  • Put your phone away at social events so you will be more likely to socialize and enjoy the company of others.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Feeling Alone? Here's Why Veterans Need to Connect
In the military, you were used to a steady routine and friendships with other Servicemembers. At home as a Veteran, it can feel disorienting to lose t...
Why should I have a discharge plan for my loved one with mental illness?
World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)World Federation For Mental Health (WFMH)
It has been documented that on many occasions, serious mental illness (SMI) patients are discharged ...
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
Loneliness and isolation can have serious health effects—but being proactive goes a long way.
3 Small Steps to Manage Mental Illness
3 Small Steps to Manage Mental Illness