Is there a cure for muscle dysmorphia?

Fortunately, with effective treatment, muscle dysmorphia is curable. There is no single treatment or technique known to help all people, but often a combination of antidepressant medication and therapy can effectively help people recover. But only about half the people suffering from muscle dysmorphia receive treatment; the other half fail to acknowledge that their behavior needs adjusting. Treatment and cures are nearly impossible if the person does not admit that a problem is present, as they will not know that behavioral change is necessary.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

Myths and Facts About Electroshock Therapy
You might have heard of electroconvulsive therapy (ECT), commonly known as electroshock therapy. If so, you probably have preconceived notions about w...
What are some advantages of mindfulness?
Dr. Jason Durant, PhDDr. Jason Durant, PhD
Mindfulness, at its core, is the skill associated with being fully present and in the moment at any ...
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely4 Simple Ways to Avoid Feeling Lonely
Loneliness and isolation can have serious health effects—but being proactive goes a long way.
How Can I Plan for the Future Without Worrying?