What should I know to care for someone with muscle dysmorphia?

If you have a friend or loved one who is suffering from muscle dysmorphia but is not yet receiving treatment, you can be instrumental in helping them get on the road to recovery. Talk to a health specialist and get advice on how you or another trusted party can intervene. If appropriate, try to approach your friend in a private, safe setting with your concerns and help your loved one to recognize their self-destructive behavior. Be prepared to provide them with support information; do not, however, force help upon your loved one or press the issue if they become uncomfortable.

If your loved one is already receiving treatment, help supplement their recovery by being encouraging and offering to talk to them about their feelings as they go through the recovery process.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

How to Find a Veterans Community at Home
For many United States servicemen and women, transitioning from active duty to civilian life isn't easy. Some Veterans may feel lost or isolated, or l...
How do I deal with change?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Once you start to make a change in one area, that change can be effortlessly applied to everything e...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
What Is a Current Myth Around Mental Illness?