What are the behavioral symptoms of a mental health problem?

Changes in a person's normal behavior are often a symptom of a mental health problem. Changes in sleeping patterns - sleeping much less or much more than usual - are a common symptom. So are changes in sexual behavior. People with mental illness may lose interest in sex or may become sexually very active. Another symptom is neglecting personal hygiene. Changes in eating patterns - eating very little or frequently overeating - are another behavioral symptom of mental illness.

Continue Learning about Mental Health

3 Myths About the Midlife Crisis
3 Myths About the Midlife Crisis
We’ve all heard of the cliche: the middle-aged man with the new sports car and the girlfriend half his age. Classic sign of a midlife crisis, right? N...
How can I learn to trust my intuition?
William StillmanWilliam Stillman
Trusting your intuition is the same as trusting yourself, meaning listening to that tiny, inner voic...
Your Anger Management Menu
Your Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management MenuYour Anger Management Menu
Believe it or not, your mood is affected by your diet. Try these foods to for steady blood sugar and a better attitude all day long.
What Are the Signs and Symptoms of Toxic Worrying?