How do relaxation techniques work to control anger?

Relaxation techniques have been shown to calm you down when angry or experiencing other negative emotions. Deep breathing, yoga, guided imagery, light exercises, and meditation are all common techniques to help calm you and assist you in taking control of your emotions. These techniques allow you to focus on something else other than your anger or the situation you are in, and in turn aid in relaxing you.

Continue Learning about Mental Health Therapies

What are the benefits of journaling?
Raychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPCRaychelle C. Lohmann, MS, LPC
Writing is probably one of the most therapeutic tools known to humankind. The beauty of personal wri...
Can the need for mental health therapies be avoided?
Mental health therapies are treatment options for mental illnesses and disorders. A mental illness o...
What to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist Visit
What to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist Visit
Learn the questions you should ask, the tests you might have, whether you'll be put on medication—and more.
How Do I Change My Thinking from Negative to Positive?