What kind of mental health therapy is available for marital problems?

Mental health therapy does address family and marital problems. Psychotherapy, appropriate for a wide range of problems, offers techniques that help cope with conflict within families, including in marriage. Marriage and family therapists use one or more techniques and can focus on specific problems within a marriage. Typically, these therapy sessions are short-term, though not all are.

Continue Learning about Mental Health Therapies

What are the different types of psychotherapist?
John C. Norcross, PhDJohn C. Norcross, PhD
The term psychotherapist is not legally protected or regulated in the United States. That means ...
Can family therapy help me understand my loved one's bipolar disorder?
Russ Federman, PhDRuss Federman, PhD
Family therapy can be helpful if you feel that the both of you are not being successful in dealing w...
How to Find the Right Therapist for You
How to Find the Right Therapist for YouHow to Find the Right Therapist for YouHow to Find the Right Therapist for YouHow to Find the Right Therapist for You
When you need help with a mental health issue, here’s who—and what—to look for.
How Do I Change My Thinking from Negative to Positive?