Is interpersonal therapy a kind of mental health therapy?

Interpersonal therapy is a form of psychotherapy, a mental health therapy that emphasizes on interpersonal skills with your social support system including family, colleagues and friends. The therapy concentrates on conflict that arises out of discrepancy in expectations between two individuals. It aims to overcome social isolation and better relationships in society through communication and behavioral change.

Continue Learning about Mental Health Therapies

“Shock Therapy” Isn’t What You Think It Is
The term “shock therapy” may conjure images of a painful or barbaric treatment, but this common misconception, which has been partly fueled by inaccur...
What is behavioral therapy?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Behavioral therapy is a method of observing and analyzing the way in which a person acts and thinks....
How to Find the Right Therapist for You
How to Find the Right Therapist for YouHow to Find the Right Therapist for YouHow to Find the Right Therapist for YouHow to Find the Right Therapist for You
When you need help with a mental health issue, here’s who—and what—to look for.
How Can I Use Positive Thought to Get What I Want?