How can therapy help me live an honest life?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
A fundamental element of psychotherapeutic counseling is to discover the truth about the client's or patient's life. Different schools of psychology use various methods of discovery to aid the patients in disclosing the truth of their life. The counselor becomes the encourager or cheerleader as the patients explore their past and present life to uproot their conscious and unconscious secrets and lies. The belief system is, simply put, "The truth will set you free."
Uncommon H.O.P.E.: A Powerful Guide to Creating an Extraordinary Life

Every day, the little constant stresses and anxieties leave us feeling unfulfilled, not living the best life possible. But what if the life we want to live is with in our grasp and we don't even know...

Continue Learning about Mental Health Therapies

What happens during counseling?
Richard WalshRichard Walsh
Counseling begins with a thorough evaluation often referred to as a Bio-Psychosocial Assessment. Dur...
What if I can't afford counseling?
James SmithJames Smith
If you think you can't afford counseling, do an internet search in your area for "counseling sliding...
What to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist Visit
What to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist Visit
Learn the questions you should ask, the tests you might have, whether you'll be put on medication—and more.
How Can I Use Positive Thought to Get What I Want?