Is deinstitutionalization a mental health therapy?

No, deinstitutionalization is not a mental health therapy. However, it is a movement that is geared towards improving mental health by increasing acceptance of mentally ill people in the community. It aims to create a social network system that encourages intervention techniques which do not make the mentally ill person feel isolated. It emphasizes on group therapy and inclusion of the mentally ill person.

Continue Learning about Mental Health Therapies

“Shock Therapy” Isn’t What You Think It Is
The term “shock therapy” may conjure images of a painful or barbaric treatment, but this common misconception, which has been partly fueled by inaccur...
What's the difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist?
Dr. Michelle Cleere - Sharecare Fitness Expert, PhDDr. Michelle Cleere - Sharecare Fitness Expert, PhD
The difference between a psychologist and a psychiatrist is this. They can both provide counseling/t...
How to Find the Right Therapist for You
How to Find the Right Therapist for YouHow to Find the Right Therapist for YouHow to Find the Right Therapist for YouHow to Find the Right Therapist for You
When you need help with a mental health issue, here’s who—and what—to look for.
How Do I Change My Thinking from Negative to Positive?