Is deinstitutionalization a mental health therapy?

No, deinstitutionalization is not a mental health therapy. However, it is a movement that is geared towards improving mental health by increasing acceptance of mentally ill people in the community. It aims to create a social network system that encourages intervention techniques which do not make the mentally ill person feel isolated. It emphasizes on group therapy and inclusion of the mentally ill person.

Continue Learning about Mental Health Therapies

Can family therapy help me understand my loved one's bipolar disorder?
Russ Federman, PhDRuss Federman, PhD
Family therapy can be helpful if you feel that the both of you are not being successful in dealing w...
What causes low sex drive?
Good In BedGood In Bed
A healthy sex drive is part physical and part emotional, and everything that’s going on in someone’s...
What to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist Visit
What to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist VisitWhat to Expect From Your First Psychiatrist Visit
Learn the questions you should ask, the tests you might have, whether you'll be put on medication—and more.
How Can Negative Thoughts Affect Me?
How Can Negative Thoughts Affect Me?