What is a healthy way to deal with things I can't control?

It is essential not to waste your life trying to defy the laws of human nature. You may ask yourself, "How can I stay in this abusive relationship?" The answer is "I can't," even though it is not the answer you want to hear. You may ask, "How can I get my husband to be the person I want him to be?" The answer is "I can't." You may wonder, "How can I make her see how wrong she is?" The answer is "I can't." You may ask, "How can I make everyone in my life happy?" The answer is "I can't." You may ask, "How can I be the perfect mother, wife, daughter, sister, and professional and still stay sane?" The answer is "I can't." You may have to start recognizing the power of "good enough" over perfect; you may have to lower your standards and realize that life is messy.
Listening to Depression: How Understanding Your Pain Can Heal Your Life

A New Way of Thinking About DepressionWhat does it really mean to be depressed? You know depression as a collection of symptoms—fatigue, listlessness, feelings of worthlessness—and the source of...

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

The One Exercise That Can Lift Your Spirits
Humans have set some wacky—but impressive—weightlifting records: Most weight lifted using teeth? 620 pounds. Most weight lifted with the little finger...
How can I help care for someone with mental health problems?
Caring for someone with mental health problems can be challenging. One good way to help is by provid...
What is psychosis in veterans?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
Psychosis in veterans and the general population is a mental illness characterized by the inability ...
Can You Stop Addiction with Financial Incentives?