What is a healthy way to deal with things I can't control?

It is essential not to waste your life trying to defy the laws of human nature. You may ask yourself, "How can I stay in this abusive relationship?" The answer is "I can't," even though it is not the answer you want to hear. You may ask, "How can I get my husband to be the person I want him to be?" The answer is "I can't." You may wonder, "How can I make her see how wrong she is?" The answer is "I can't." You may ask, "How can I make everyone in my life happy?" The answer is "I can't." You may ask, "How can I be the perfect mother, wife, daughter, sister, and professional and still stay sane?" The answer is "I can't." You may have to start recognizing the power of "good enough" over perfect; you may have to lower your standards and realize that life is messy.
Listening to Depression: How Understanding Your Pain Can Heal Your Life

A New Way of Thinking About DepressionWhat does it really mean to be depressed? You know depression as a collection of symptoms—fatigue, listlessness, feelings of worthlessness—and the source of...

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

Eating Processed Meats Can Affect Your Mental Health
Beef jerky has been around for centuries (the Conquistadors called the Inca’s dried, smoked llama charqui, from their word ch’arki; in North America i...
How is our mental attitude related to good health?
Tonya Rocho , NASM Elite TrainerTonya Rocho , NASM Elite Trainer
Your attitude is everything.  If you are always looking at things in the negative then your outcome ...
How can I talk to my loved ones about combat experiences?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
When you return home from military service, it takes time to feel comfortable with your family again...
What Is the Self and How Does It Affect the Way We Live?