What activities and habits will help me readjust to civilian life?

Developing positive lifestyle habits will speed your reintegration to civilian life. Now you have more time and opportunities to pursue creative and recreational activities. Rediscover hobbies you enjoyed prior to deployment. Set aside time for intimacy with your spouse or partner. Spend time with your military buddies, but balance that with time for family and other friends. Talk to others about your combat experiences when you feel ready to share them. Keep your alcohol consumption low, because your tolerance level will have decreased during deployment. Don’t overload yourself with work, school, and household duties right away. Allow yourself plenty of time to decompress, and don’t hesitate  to accept support from friends, family, and loved ones.

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

How to Handle Adult Bullying
How to Handle Adult Bullying
You may think that bullying is perpetrated by nasty kids or mean teenagers. But in 2013, it happened among teammates in the NFL. Miami Dolphin second-...
What is recovery in mental health?
When it comes to mental health, recovery means that you have controlled your symptoms and prolonged ...
How can I trick myself into feeling happier?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Adopt what University of California at Riverside psychology professor Sonja Lyubomirsky calls happin...
Can Accountability Help Recovering Addicts?