Is there a test that can gauge your balance and brain strength?

How good is balance? Try this self-test: Stand on one leg; close your eyes. The longer you can stand without falling, the younger your brain (15 seconds is very good if you are 45 or older). That balancing act isn't only a good gauge of your balance; it's also a sign of your brain strength.

YOU: The Owner's Manual, Updated and Expanded Edition: An Insider's Guide to the Body that Will Make You Healthier and Younger

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

Eating Processed Meats Can Affect Your Mental Health
Beef jerky has been around for centuries (the Conquistadors called the Inca’s dried, smoked llama charqui, from their word ch’arki; in North America i...
How do time-outs help in settling things?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Time-outs are wonderful things. They are useful on so many levels. I love that they are flexible, in...
How can I talk to my loved ones about combat experiences?
Challenge AmericaChallenge America
When you return home from military service, it takes time to feel comfortable with your family again...
Can You Stop Addiction with Financial Incentives?