How can I sustain my emotional well being?

It is often challenging to sustain our emotional well-being. We feel sad, angry, frightened, or confused at various periods in our lives, and it helps when family and friends give us emotional and practical support. However, when we can't get through difficult periods even with their help, it is useful and even life-saving to turn to other sources. These include activities that help us feel better, specialized self-help groups, the clergy or pastoral counselors, and mental health professionals.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO MAKE WISE DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY AND THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD -- FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH" Pregnancy and birth are as ordinary...

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

The One Exercise That Can Lift Your Spirits
Humans have set some wacky—but impressive—weightlifting records: Most weight lifted using teeth? 620 pounds. Most weight lifted with the little finger...
What is a high-reactive temperament?
Without a doubt, children are born with a certain temperament. In fact, about 20 percent of kids...
What kind of injuries do people who hurt themselves cause?
Armin BrottArmin Brott
The most common types of injury in persons who hurt themselves are biting, cutting, burning skin, an...
Do Young Adults Understand Risk?
Do Young Adults Understand Risk?