How can I sustain my emotional well being?

It is often challenging to sustain our emotional well-being. We feel sad, angry, frightened, or confused at various periods in our lives, and it helps when family and friends give us emotional and practical support. However, when we can't get through difficult periods even with their help, it is useful and even life-saving to turn to other sources. These include activities that help us feel better, specialized self-help groups, the clergy or pastoral counselors, and mental health professionals.

Our Bodies, Ourselves: Pregnancy and Birth

ALL THE INFORMATION YOU NEED TO MAKE WISE DECISIONS ABOUT YOUR PREGNANCY AND THE BIRTH OF YOUR CHILD -- FROM THE EDITORS OF THE CLASSIC "BIBLE OF WOMEN'S HEALTH" Pregnancy and birth are as ordinary...

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

Eating Processed Meats Can Affect Your Mental Health
Beef jerky has been around for centuries (the Conquistadors called the Inca’s dried, smoked llama charqui, from their word ch’arki; in North America i...
What self-help steps can I take for mental health problems?
In addition to following your treatment plan with your therapist and taking your medication, self-he...
How do I prepare for an appointment to discuss my mental health?
Charles J. Sophy, MDCharles J. Sophy, MD
To prepare for an appointment to discuss my mental health:Write down when you started noticing chang...
What Is the Self and How Does It Affect the Way We Live?