How can I make sure I'm not isolating myself because of my disorder?

To make sure you are not isolating yourself because of your disorder, stay in contact with whoever is closest to you, usually a favorite family member or friend, and ask that person for his or her perspective regarding your behavior. If you don't have someone in your life that you can confide in then see a therapist or counselor! Also, look into support groups and other community resources in your area (like bingo night at the community center) and you'll be suprised to find so many very welcoming people in one place.

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

The One Exercise That Can Lift Your Spirits
Humans have set some wacky—but impressive—weightlifting records: Most weight lifted using teeth? 620 pounds. Most weight lifted with the little finger...
What is recovery from a mental health condition like?
Swimming in a pool versus in a storm in the ocean, and knowing you are doing so and in control. The ...
How can I take care of my emotional well-being?
Boston Women's Health Book CollectiveBoston Women's Health Book Collective
Ways to take care of your emotional well-being are:Pay attention to what you think and feel. Identif...
Can You Stop Addiction with Financial Incentives?