How do I come up with my own positive affirmations?

Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine

To create your own positive affirmations:

• Decide what area of your life you want to transform by creating a positive affirmation: work, health, success, happiness, family, love, or money.
  • Make your affirmations in the present tense: "I am" or "I have." Your subconscious mind will hear that it is in the present, not in the future.
  • If you feel you are afraid of not being loved when you are your real authentic Self, make an affirmation like "People love me when I am myself." If you feel you don't earn enough money, maybe make an affirmation such as "My income is now increasing."
A Life in Balance: Nourishing the Four Roots of True Happiness

Nautilus Book Awards Winners for 2007 (category: Self-Help/Psychology/ Personal Growth) "Like many people, Kathleen Hall found that despite great success and material wealth, she had yet to identify...

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

Eating Processed Meats Can Affect Your Mental Health
Beef jerky has been around for centuries (the Conquistadors called the Inca’s dried, smoked llama charqui, from their word ch’arki; in North America i...
What is trichophagia?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Many people who pull their hair out also engage in trichophagia, the practice of eating hair. When a...
Are psychosis and mania the same thing?
Mania and psychosis are necessarily not the same conditions. However, the most severe form of ma...
Can You Stop Addiction with Financial Incentives?