What is the gift of mindfulness?

Arianna Huffington
Health Education

The ability to bridge the gap between ourselves and a spiritual force greater than ourselves is available to us at all times. It’s the bridge between what we know and what we only dimly perceive, between what we are now and what we can become. As we start to walk across that bridge, as we make that connection, we gain perspective on our lives.

Through the simple act of paying careful attention- whether to what we eat, how we move, or where our thoughts wander- we become aware of the significance our minds attach to things. And in that awareness, we recognize how interconnected everything is. All religions have similar practices that can free us from the fear that results from the need to control.  

On Becoming Fearless...in Love, Work, and Life

Observing that her own teenage daughters were beginning to experience some of the same fears that had once burdened her--how attractive am I? do people like me? do I dare speak up?--Arianna...

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

How to Handle Adult Bullying
How to Handle Adult Bullying
You may think that bullying is perpetrated by nasty kids or mean teenagers. But in 2013, it happened among teammates in the NFL. Miami Dolphin second-...
How do time-outs help in settling things?
Lisa OzLisa Oz
Time-outs are wonderful things. They are useful on so many levels. I love that they are flexible, in...
Is there a link between exercise and mental health?
Discovery HealthDiscovery Health
Besides helping to keep us healthy, exercise can help relieve the symptoms of depression and other m...
Can You Stop Addiction with Financial Incentives?