What is the biological importance of worrying?

Worry helps with problem-solving, and the stress reaction, also known as the fight-or-flight response, traditionally is what helped us deal with ife-threatening problems, like saber-tooth tigers. The problems with stress typically happen when we go to extremes of the anxiety scale. Some anxiety is good because it helps keep you on your toes, but too much anxiety can be destructive and no anxiety at all can mean that no decisions ever get made.
YOU: Having a Baby: The Owner's Manual to a Happy and Healthy Pregnancy

Can I get a cavity filled while pregnant? Will avoiding spicy foods make my kid a picky eater? Can I really increase my baby's IQ while she's in utero? Whether you're pregnant for the first time,...

Continue Learning about Mental Health Basics

The One Exercise That Can Lift Your Spirits
Humans have set some wacky—but impressive—weightlifting records: Most weight lifted using teeth? 620 pounds. Most weight lifted with the little finger...
How can cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) help mental health?
The idea behind cognitive behavioral therapy (CBT) is that your own distorted thinking is the cause ...
How common are mental health problems?
Mike Allard , NASM Elite TrainerMike Allard , NASM Elite Trainer
According to the National Survey on Drug Use and Health (NSDUH), 13.4 percent of adults in the Unite...
Can Accountability Help Recovering Addicts?