How do I recognize mental abuse in my teen's relationship?

Signs of a teen suffering from mental abuse in an adolescent relationship may include depression, isolation, change in daily habits, and withdraw from normal activities. An abused teen may develop substance abuse and eating disorders. Relationship violence during teen years increases the likelihood of experiencing violence later in life. A teen in an abusive relationship may develop suicidal tendencies.

Continue Learning about Mental Abuse in Relationships

What are the signs that a parent is emotionally abusing his or her child?
ChildhelpChildhelp
Signs that a parent is emotionally abusing his or her child include the following: routinely ign...
Who is at risk of committing teen mental abuse?
Certain risk factors increase a teen's chance of committing mental abuse in an adolescent relationsh...
How many people suffer from mental abuse?
Mental abuse is a common form of domestic and child abuse. It is estimated that as many as 30 percen...
Jewel Discusses Her Relationship With Her Abusive Father