Is optimism genetic?

Some optimistic and pessimistic people are simply hard-wired to their attitudes. About 25% of your positive expectations, or dispositional optimism, comes from your genes. At least half comes from your life experiences. The remaining amount can't be measured.

Whatever the source of their beliefs, optimists cope in ways that are generally beneficial to their health. They try to manage, reduce or eliminate the stressors or problems they face. That can have healthy effects on the immune system.
Dr. Kathleen Hall
Preventive Medicine
Science tells us that optimism is actually a component of our deoxyribonucleic acid (DNA). You can look back to your ancestors and see the imprints of optimism. About half of your optimism comes from your DNA and half comes from your environment. But if you weren't born with optimistic DNA or didn't receive doses of it in your environment as you were growing up, it is not too late. You can learn how to become optimistic.
Uncommon H.O.P.E.: A Powerful Guide to Creating an Extraordinary Life

Every day, the little constant stresses and anxieties leave us feeling unfulfilled, not living the best life possible. But what if the life we want to live is with in our grasp and we don't even know...

Continue Learning about Mental Healing (Positive Thinking)

What are some benefits of optimism?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Here are some reasons to be optimistic: First, you will have a richer life and have more fun.Second,...
How can I be more positive?
Robert DeVitoRobert DeVito
Positivity is a habit.In each and every situation that you encounter, you must do your best to take ...
How can I become an optimist?
Pessimism and optimism are really just two ways of thinking about the same thing. Rather than trying...
How can I teach myself to be optimistic?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Optimism is the tendency to have positive expectations. Optimists pay attention to the things that g...