How can I teach myself to think more positively?

Dawn Marcus
Neurology
You can teach yourself to think more positively if you make a point of giving positive messages to yourself. Turn your negative messages into something positive. When faced with a looming deadline, say, "You'll succeed. You did a good job getting that project done on time last month." When struggling with a weight loss program, tell yourself, "I've been doing a good job sticking to my walking program. And I haven't gained back the three pounds I lost last month." When discovering an unwelcome "treasure" left by your dog, remind yourself, "He'll eventually get housebroken. It's been a week between accidents, so they're less frequent than they used to be."
Fit As Fido: Follow Your Dog to Better Health

Let your dog teach you to live a happier, healthier, and more fulfilling life! Companionship with your pet can be used as a means and a motivator to increase your own physical and mental fitness....

Continue Learning about Mental Healing (Positive Thinking)

What are some benefits of optimism?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Here are some reasons to be optimistic: First, you will have a richer life and have more fun.Second,...
How can I become an optimist?
Pessimism and optimism are really just two ways of thinking about the same thing. Rather than trying...
How can I use positive thought to get what I want?
Donna DannenfelserDonna Dannenfelser
The only way to get what you want is through positive thinking; achieving your goals is difficult if...
What is healing?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
The Latin root for healing means, "to be whole." In essence, healing is a yearning and an impulse to...