How can I become an optimist?

Pessimism and optimism are really just two ways of thinking about the same thing. Rather than trying to change how you think about the future and life, try to change how you cope. 

To become an optimist, you want to use more adaptive problem-solving skills. Use less of pessimism's inaction when confronting stresses, such as health problems. Pay more attention to the positive aspects of a situation, set goals and learn how to achieve them.

Continue Learning about Mental Healing (Positive Thinking)

How can optimism affect my health?
Studies show that optimism can affect your health in these ways:  Optimists are less likely to b...
How can I teach myself to think more positively?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
You can teach yourself to think more positively if you make a point of giving positive messages ...
How can I be more optimistic?
Use these four steps to see if you can kick-start some of that optimism:  Take a daily walk of 3...
How can I have a positive attitude while commuting?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Practice fundamental virtues on your commute: surrender to the process, and, before you know it,...