How can I become an optimist?

Pessimism and optimism are really just two ways of thinking about the same thing. Rather than trying to change how you think about the future and life, try to change how you cope. 

To become an optimist, you want to use more adaptive problem-solving skills. Use less of pessimism's inaction when confronting stresses, such as health problems. Pay more attention to the positive aspects of a situation, set goals and learn how to achieve them.

Continue Learning about Mental Healing (Positive Thinking)

How can I teach myself to think more positively?
Dawn MarcusDawn Marcus
You can teach yourself to think more positively if you make a point of giving positive messages ...
How can I be more positive?
Robert DeVitoRobert DeVito
Positivity is a habit.In each and every situation that you encounter, you must do your best to take ...
How can I use positive thought to get what I want?
Donna DannenfelserDonna Dannenfelser
The only way to get what you want is through positive thinking; achieving your goals is difficult if...
How can I teach myself to be optimistic?
Multiple Sclerosis FoundationMultiple Sclerosis Foundation
Optimism is the tendency to have positive expectations. Optimists pay attention to the things that g...