How can I boost my self-esteem with positive self-talk?

Brooke Randolph
Marriage & Family Therapy
Create your own script, rather than repeating those things that others tell you that you should believe. A friend, counselor, or loved one may be able to help you identify those things that you do believe. Create your own list of reminders of your positive characteristics and successes. Be realistic and focus on the small things, those things that truly make you unique. Repeating positive things that you do believe more often can keep you in a positive frame of mind and increase your self-esteem.

Continue Learning about Mental Healing (Positive Thinking)

Can positive self-talk increase self-esteem?
Brooke RandolphBrooke Randolph
New research suggests that the common prescriptive of positive self-talk may not be positive for all...
What are the health benefits of having a positive attitude?
Positive moods and a good attitude help your body's vital systems stay in balance. Staying upbea...
Is optimism genetic?
Some optimistic and pessimistic people are simply hard-wired to their attitudes. About 25% of your p...
How can I become an optimist?
Pessimism and optimism are really just two ways of thinking about the same thing. Rather than trying...