How can I boost my self-esteem with positive self-talk?

Brooke Randolph
Marriage & Family Therapy
Create your own script, rather than repeating those things that others tell you that you should believe. A friend, counselor, or loved one may be able to help you identify those things that you do believe. Create your own list of reminders of your positive characteristics and successes. Be realistic and focus on the small things, those things that truly make you unique. Repeating positive things that you do believe more often can keep you in a positive frame of mind and increase your self-esteem.

Continue Learning about Mental Healing (Positive Thinking)

What are some benefits of optimism?
Dr. Kathleen HallDr. Kathleen Hall
Here are some reasons to be optimistic: First, you will have a richer life and have more fun.Second,...
How can I improve my imagination?
William B. Salt II., MDWilliam B. Salt II., MD
Here are suggestions to revive your imagination: Spend time with children Watch and listen. Not...
How can I become an optimist?
Pessimism and optimism are really just two ways of thinking about the same thing. Rather than trying...
How can my thoughts affect my health?
David A. Hanscom, MDDavid A. Hanscom, MD
Imagine that you are sunbathing on a white sand beach and having a great time. The reason you feel r...