What are the benefits of learning a foreign language?

You don't have to be a linguist to benefit from learning a new language. Adopting a foreign tongue boosts the verbal, language and memory parts of the brain. And, with perseverance, you can pick up a language at any age.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Beef Up Your Brain with Exercise
Beef Up Your Brain with Exercise
In the 1988 movie Twins, Julius and Vincent Benedict (Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito) are the result...
How can switching hands to do daily tasks help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Switching hands may be uncomfortable, but doing tasks with your nondominant hand such as writing, op...
Why is playing a musical instrument a healthy activity for my brain?
AARPAARP
Frequently tickling the ivories or blowing a horn, especially if you're trying to master it, is asso...
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain