What are benefits of games played on mobile devices?

Games that we play on our phones or other mobile devices meet all my criteria for getting in a bit of brain skills training. Typically games we play against the clock, mobile-based games get us to focus, think fast, and think flexibly. Research has shown that by exercising these skills, which often can be challenging as we age, we can improve our performance in these areas.

So what are you waiting for? Pick up that phone and get some game! Don't have a game on your phone -- or have no clue if you do? Most mobile service providers have games you can download to your phone for a minimal charge. Visit your provider's website for more information. If you are still clueless, borrow a teenager!
30 Days to Total Brain Health®

30 Days to Total Brain Health®

Get ready to make the move to better brain health! In this remarkably effective, scientifically-grounded plan, Dr. Cynthia Green, a clinical psychologist and one of the country's most notable experts...

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Got a tricky problem you’ve been noodling for days? You’ll solve it faster if you talk it out. Whether you’re rearranging the living room furniture, ...
How can I keep my brain active?
Dr. Daniel G. Amen, MDDr. Daniel G. Amen, MD
Keep your brain active as a perpetual student of life! Take continuing education classes, get a coll...
How can I stay mentally active?
Take a class to stay mentally active. Sign up for something you've always wanted to learn -- to spea...
Banish Distractions to Improve Your Concentration