What are benefits of games played on mobile devices?

Games that we play on our phones or other mobile devices meet all my criteria for getting in a bit of brain skills training. Typically games we play against the clock, mobile-based games get us to focus, think fast, and think flexibly. Research has shown that by exercising these skills, which often can be challenging as we age, we can improve our performance in these areas.

So what are you waiting for? Pick up that phone and get some game! Don't have a game on your phone -- or have no clue if you do? Most mobile service providers have games you can download to your phone for a minimal charge. Visit your provider's website for more information. If you are still clueless, borrow a teenager!
30 Days to Total Brain Health®

30 Days to Total Brain Health®

Get ready to make the move to better brain health! In this remarkably effective, scientifically-grounded plan, Dr. Cynthia Green, a clinical psychologist and one of the country's most notable experts...

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

An Easy Trick to Strengthen Concentration
The TV game show Concentration ran almost without interruption from 1958 to 1991, until at last its fans became permanen...
How can I keep my mind active as I age?
Shelley Peterman SchwarzShelley Peterman Schwarz
Take classes. Universities and colleges often offer free classes for the elderly. (Check with th...
Why should I leave my comfort zone to keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
If you are getting good at Sudoku, it is time to move on. Brain teasers don't form new neural connec...
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain