Can good quality sleep help keep my mind sharp?

Shut-eye isn't a luxury. It's when your brain consolidates memories. Poor sleep, caused by medical conditions, worry, depression or insomnia, can interfere with your rest. So treat yourself to relaxing scents like vanilla before bed. They raise the chemical dopamine and reduce cortisol, a stress hormone.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Got a tricky problem you’ve been noodling for days? You’ll solve it faster if you talk it out. Whether you’re rearranging the living room furniture, ...
Where can I find research on writing by hand exercises for the mind?
Karen L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RNKaren L. Gorton, PhD, MS, RN
A good place to start would be with a search of research databases. PubMed is the health related res...
How can dancing keep my mind sharp?
The New England Journal of Medicine published a 21 year study on senior citizens that showed that fr...
What Exercises Can I Do to Keep My Mind and Memory Sharp?