Why is playing a musical instrument a healthy activity for my brain?

Frequently tickling the ivories or blowing a horn, especially if you're trying to master it, is associated with lower dementia risks. What's more, it eliminates boredom, a brain state that can cause some thinking skills to atrophy.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

An Easy Trick to Strengthen Concentration
The TV game show Concentration ran almost without interruption from 1958 to 1991, until at last its fans became permanen...
How can touring the neighborhood help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
If your neighborhood is growing, check it out. The exploration will change your mental map of the ne...
How can just sitting quietly help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Sit quietly, choose a word that calms you and when your mind starts to wander, say the word silently...
Brain Yoga
Brain Yoga