Why is playing a musical instrument a healthy activity for my brain?

Frequently tickling the ivories or blowing a horn, especially if you're trying to master it, is associated with lower dementia risks. What's more, it eliminates boredom, a brain state that can cause some thinking skills to atrophy.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Beef Up Your Brain with Exercise
Beef Up Your Brain with Exercise
In the 1988 movie Twins, Julius and Vincent Benedict (Arnold Schwarzenegger and Danny DeVito) are the result of an experiment to produce the perfect c...
How can I help strengthen my mind?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
This is such a great question! We need to think of our brain as a muscle just like any other in our ...
How can continuing education help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Research shows that taking courses  even just auditing them  can stave off dementia at an early age....
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain
Learn a Language to Build Your Brain