Why should I leave my comfort zone to keep my mind sharp?

If you are getting good at Sudoku, it is time to move on. Brain teasers don't form new neural connections once you've mastered them. So try something that's the opposite of your natural skills: If you like numbers, learn to draw. If you love language, try logic puzzles.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Got a tricky problem you’ve been noodling for days? You’ll solve it faster if you talk it out. Whether you’re rearranging the living room furniture, ...
What can I do to give my brain a workout?
Dr. David Perlmutter, MDDr. David Perlmutter, MD
Learning a new language or musical instrument can be critically important for brain function and can...
How can I help strengthen my mind?
Sheri Van DijkSheri Van Dijk
This is such a great question! We need to think of our brain as a muscle just like any other in our ...
What Exercises Can I Do to Keep My Mind and Memory Sharp?