How can switching hands to do daily tasks help keep my mind sharp?

Switching hands may be uncomfortable, but doing tasks with your nondominant hand such as writing, operating a computer mouse and brushing your teeth can activate parts of the brain that aren't easily triggered otherwise. Anything that requires the brain to pay close attention to a formerly automatic behavior will stimulate brain-cell growth.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Got a tricky problem you’ve been noodling for days? You’ll solve it faster if you talk it out. Whether you’re rearranging the living room furniture, ...
How can continuing education help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Research shows that taking courses  even just auditing them  can stave off dementia at an early age....
What are the benefits of learning a foreign language?
AARPAARP
You don't have to be a linguist to benefit from learning a new language. Adopting a foreign tongue b...
Banish Distractions to Improve Your Concentration