How can just sitting quietly help keep my mind sharp?

Sit quietly, choose a word that calms you and when your mind starts to wander, say the word silently. A form of meditation, this type of activity can reduce the stress hormone cortisol, which zaps memory. Meditation also helps mitigate focus-stealing feelings, such as depression and anxiety.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Easy Tips for Solving Problems
Got a tricky problem you’ve been noodling for days? You’ll solve it faster if you talk it out. Whether you’re rearranging the living room furniture, ...
What are the benefits of learning a foreign language?
AARPAARP
You don't have to be a linguist to benefit from learning a new language. Adopting a foreign tongue b...
How can having a friendly argument help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Choose a side. Talk sports, business or politics. If you can do it without getting angry, which rais...
Brain Yoga
Brain Yoga