How can simply looking around help keep my brain healthy?

When you look around, really look. Stare straight ahead and now,without moving your eyes , see if you can make out what's at the periphery. Do this regularly and you'll stimulate the neural and spatial centers of the brain, which can atrophy as you age.
When you look forward, also look around. When you walk down the street, don't just keep your eyes forward. Scan to the left and to the right. These actions can activate rarely used parts of the brain. That in turn can spur brain cell growth and new neural connections.

Continue Learning about Mental Fitness & Nervous System

An Easy Trick to Strengthen Concentration
The TV game show Concentration ran almost without interruption from 1958 to 1991, until at last its fans became permanen...
How do sensory experiences help keep my mind sharp?
AARPAARP
Those with the best memories take advantage of all their senses. That's because memorization is a co...
Why is it important to continually challenge your brain throughout life?
I know what your ideal picture of retirement looks like: one hammock, one baby-blue ocean, four naps...
Banish Distractions to Improve Your Concentration